Saturday, October 10, 2009

Emily Dickinson Quote

When I was getting my mammogram, I saw this beautiful quote in the waiting area: http://academic.brooklyn.cuny.edu/english/melani/cs6/hope.html

Please check it out, and remember ladies, to get those "boob pancakes." My dear husband thought of that. This is in the spirit of breast cancer awareness month and I wanted to add to that message.

As an aside, related to health-care reform, I had to make many calls to make sure the Carol Ann Reed Center was "in-network" as a provider on my individual plan. After being misinformed by my insurance provider, I called the mammogram provider directly. They were able to clarify very quickly that they were in-network and provided mammograms.

I want to spare you on all the boring details but can we please get back to letting our local doctors be in charge of our care? It works soooooo much better. They can be trusted, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment